Friday, July 29, 2011

Hey Ladies, What's APPening?

Sorry, Ladies. Couldn't resist. Anyway. Ahhhh, Apps! So many to choose from! So many I don't know about! Here are a few of my favorite few:

  1. Angry Birds - Rio Edition: Okay, so this is one App that I've resisted for a long time. Not sure why. Maybe because everyone else seemed to get addicted to it, so I knew it would be danger on my phone. Finally, my ever so persistent and convincing cute faced five-year-old daughter talked me into adding it to my phone. Rio Edition was her specific request (how do you do one of those sideways smiley faces with an eye roll???)
  2. Yoga: Wow. I don't think I ever need to go to a Yoga Class again with this handy-dandy App! It's very complete and thorough, giving you the pose you need to be in with the length of the pose. My only complaint is that it's very....what the word? Glitch prone? That the creators are always having to fix (for example, sometimes the timer speeds up through the poses...kind of annoying, but, still a very, very good App).
  3. Old MacDonald: Okay, really anything by 'Duck, Duck, Moose' is super cute! They take children's songs such as "Old MacDonald", "Itsy, Bitsy Spider", "Wheels on the Bus", etc. add some ultra cute interactive animation and viola! My kids are entertained for a long while! Oh yes, and, you can set the songs to different languages. Want to your kids to listen to the song in: French, Spanish, Italian or German? Easily done! You can even record your own voice, if you'd like!
  4. Kindle: I'm not really itching to go out and buy a $100+ Kindle when I can download it for free on my iPhone! One thing I really love about the Kindle....you can read at night! I cannot tell you how many times I've woken up at night and couldn't fall back asleep, so instead of turning on all of the lights, I just pulled out my iPhone and turned to the page of the latest book I was reading. The only drawback....my kids associate my phone with games. So, when they see me pulling out the iPhone to read, they assume I'm playing games and hoover around me like bees to a bees nest. So, do pull out the good-ole fashioned book now and then...just to show your kiddos that you are actually reading!
  5. Groupon: Who doesn't love a good deal? The thing I love about the Groupon App is, when those good deals come along, all I have to do is click "buy" and it stores the purchase in my phone. No need to print out anything. Save a tree and download the Groupon App, if you enjoy your Groupons!
  6. LDS Gospel Library: Of course, this goes without saying that this is one of my favorite Apps. Not only does it have the scriptures on it (I love being able to pick up and read the scriptures anytime, anywhere!), but you're also able to upload Hymns, Children's Songbook, Manuals, Church Magazines, Conference Talks and probably more! Comes in very handy.
  7. Fit Builder: Okay, this is probably my most used App. I use it at home to Cross Train or when I can't go to the gym and only have access to my dumbbells. I use it in addition to my running when I need a quick warm up or cool down (push ups, sit ups). And I use it at the gym for a complete Strength Training and/or Cardio workout. It's my own little pocket Trainer. I can take it where ever I go. No excuses.
  8. CardStar: Another super handy App. I was in Build-A-Bear a few months back and as I was checking out, the lady asked me if I had one of their customer savings cards. I knew I had one....somewhere. So, she asked me what phone number it was under. She could look it up in their system. Problem is, I've had about 5 phone numbers in the last 5 years (okay, I might be exaggerating, but, you get the point) and no way do I remember them all. So, she reapplied me for a new customer card and then pulled out her iPhone and introduced me to this App. You download it, then manually type in the number on the backside of your customer cards and it stores all of your card numbers! It even creates a bar code so that the checker can just scan your phone and get your number! How crazy cool is that??!!! No more thick wallet with a million customer cards in it and no more tacky things handing off of your key chain! Love. It.
Anyway, hope this gives you some ideas on some Apps, if you're in the market. Happy APPing, everyone!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment