Monday, August 1, 2011

APP-licable apps


Curse the day that someone got me an iphone for an early Christmas present. I use that thing WAY too much. And, sad to sad, I think my 3 year old uses it just as much, if not better than me. Here are my most used apps. (It's a darn good thing there isn't one to track how much time you've spent using them....maybe there is?)
1. Facebook: Why do I waste so much darn time on this dang thing?
2. USA Today: Part of my morning ritual, check the news. It takes me 2 seconds and I feel like I am the tiniest bit caught up in the world.
3. Kindle: Love that I don't have to own one. boo-yah!
4. Flixter: My sister-in-law just showed me this one. So-o much easier than looking up a theater and I love that you can quickly check out the closest theater wherever you happen to be.
5. CakeDoodle: Kate and I have spent countless hours baking our hearts out. When she becomes the next 'Ace of Cakes', I'll just say, I told you so;)
6. Camera+: This is my favorite camera app, because it definitely takes quicker pictures than the regular old joe that comes on the phone. (*and here's a little tip I just learned. If you want to take the shot at just the right time, hold your finger on the camera button and then just let go when the kids are actually smiling....instead of tapping it a million times. But, like Justin says, you can always delete them I guess;)
7. Gospel Library: Can I just say that I LOVE not having to lug my scriptures AND my diaper bag to church every Sunday? Granted, I don't have the markings, but I sure love to lighten my load.
8. Evernote: I used this for a good month and it was so nice for grocery lists and any other idea that popped into my head. I love that you can tag something and then refer to it later. This one has a ton of little memories of the kids, I quickly jotted down.
-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment