Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm a "White"

Have you ever met or interacted with someone for the first time and thought to yourself, "I wonder what personality color they are." I must confess: I think this all the time! The way I see it, if I knew what color they were, I'd know how to interact with them a little better. Though some "colors" I can spot right away, it's always interesting to know for sure.

So, I just took the Dr. Hartman's Personality Test a few moments ago. I've taken it before, but it's always nice to know nothings changed (I think, however, as a child/teenager, I think I would have bordered on being a bit of a "yellow") in the last few years. ;) So. I am a "white" (possibly with a little "blue" mixed in). What does that mean? That means that my personality kind of plays out like this:

Whites Are Motivated by Peace
Whites will do almost anything to avoid confrontation. They like t flow through life without hassle or discomfort. Feeling good is eve more important to them than being good.

Whites Need Kindness
While Whites respond beautifully to thoughtfulness and amiability, they have a strong, silent stubbornness that surfaces when they are treated unkindly. They resent being scolded. They dislike harsh words. They open up instantly to people who are kind, but White recoil from those who are hostile. They are motivated by kindness and can't understand why other people are unkind.

Whites Prefer Quiet Strength
Whites enjoy their quiet independence. What appears to some people as quiet desperation can show itself to be bullheadedness. Those who misinterpret the peace-loving nature of a White as an invitation to be demanding and bossy will soon meet a wall of passive resistance. Whites are tougher than people think.

Whites Like to Keep a Low Profile
Whites like to be asked their opinions. They won't volunteer them. They value the respect of others, but they rarely go out of their way to seek it. They need to be coaxed to talk about their skills, hobbies, and interests.

Whites Are Independent
Unlike Reds and Blues, who want to control others, Whites seek only to avoid being controlled. They simply refuse to be under another's thumb, especially when treated without the respect they feel they deserve. Whites want to do things their own way, in their own time. They don't ask much of others, and resent it when others demand things from them. They often comply with unreasonable demands just to keep peace. They will express their anger and frustration only when they can no longer stand being bossed around. Whites don't like to be pushed, and they can be fearsome when they finally "blow up."

Whites Are Motivated by Other People's Desires
Whites are open to the recommendations of others on ways to resolve any and all situations. White executives value new management ideas from employees. White children welcome help-they are receptive students. Whites make agreeable dates. They are interested in making sure the other person has a good time, and are willing to do whatever the other person wants. Whites, however, want suggestions-not demands.

So, what about you? What's your color personality? Take the quiz (linked above) or buy the book and post your personality color! It's fun - I promise! :)

1 comment:

  1. Of course! Of course you're a white with a little bit of blue. Because I am a blue with a little bit of white. That's how we roll sista! I love it, and I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete