Saturday, February 12, 2011

Date night???

What's that? What with packing, moving, unpacking and trying to get our old home ready to rent and our new one ready to live in it feels like Vance and I haven't been on a date in a million years! It's probably only been 1/2 a million, but still-it's been a long time!

Like Jess, I think I could use ideas more then I can give them. The hubs and I like to see movies and eat-preferably at the same time. I can give you a whole list of delicious restaurants, and our favorite movie theaters-but creative??? I do think that it doesn't so much matter what you do on a date, more that you make time and get out without the kids. Quality time, it's a good thing. Even staying in works, but I think it takes more of an effort to put everything else you have/need/should do aside and just hang out with your spouse.

I think it's so fun to get a little dressed up and hit the town-we've seen shows at The Kennedy Center, enjoyed free concerts and screen on the green. Also, to be a total cheese, sometimes the best date is just to walk hand in hand on a warm evening chatting about whatever. Our favorite place to walk like we were only recently wed is by far the beautiful monuments downtown. I love walking with my main squeeze down by the reflecting pool just as it starts to get dark-especially in the early summer-the lightening bugs come out and its just magical. How romantic!

As a side note, I am so happy to be dating the same handsome boy for the past 8 1/2 plus years! I love him so and am so glad to leave all the silly nervous dating behind, plus I never have to wonder if I'll get one of these at the end of our dates...




it's pretty much guaranteed, and I'm good with that! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment