Tuesday, February 15, 2011

guilty.

According to urbandictionary.com the definition for this weeks topic is:

guilty pleasure [gil - tee] [plezh - er] noun, 1: something that you shouldn't like, but you like anyway 2: something that you love to do, but you just cannot admit that you do it 3: Keeping a secret collection of ABBA and Carpenters and listening to their albums when no one else is around

We all have them. Some we're proud of, some we're ashamed of, but hopefully with a little self-control we use them in moderation. Here is a list of my guilty pleasures. Enjoy (and in some cases: beware)!


  1. Vampire Diaries: It's juvenile, it's risque, it's violent and I probably shouldn't be watching it (ahem, hence "guilty pleasure"), but....... it's sooooooo goooooood! Plus, it's something I look forward to watching every week with my 15 year-old niece (bonding experience, yes?). If you dare to get hooked into watching this, watch it from the beginning. To come in halfway through the 2nd season, you'll be totally lost.
  2. LU Biscuit: This "chic little biscuit" is goodness in every bite. I could seriously eat an entire box in sitting (in fact, if you strike the word "could" from this sentence, this sentence would be more accurate. It's not something I "could" do it's something I "do" do.). You know it's time to pull these amazingly delicious goodies out when it's "been one of those days". Oh yes, and...the darker the chocolate, the better! ;)
  3. Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa: I loooooooove hot cocoa. And as long as you're going to drink it, you mine as well drink the best, right? One cup of this and you will never buy "Swiss Miss" again. Promise.
  4. Etsy: If it's handmade, I love it. The thing I love about Etsy, is that I know I'm buying something that someone put a good amount of time creating. Every stitch, every stroke, every pixel was placed where it was with care. And knowing I'm helping to support someone doing something they truly love doing, makes me feel so good about buying. Win-win.
  5. Mudd Shoes: I think their pumps are the cutest on the planet. I want them all. (confession: I own only two pair of Mudd Shoes. Though my heart says, "buy, buy, buy", my mind says, "constraint"....I'm a practial person most of the time and my mind usually wins out over my heart....though I do like it when they come to an agreement. They do most of the time. But not on shoes. I'm rambling, so I'll move on.).
  6. People Magazine: Or what me and a friend of mine refer to as "the paper". This is one instance where the heart won over the mind. A few years ago, I could tell you who was hooking up, who was breaking up, the latest scandle, blah, blah, blah. (another confession: I used to own a subscription). This one I finally had to get a handle on. And now, "the paper" is reserved for sickness and airplane trips only.
So! There you have it! Another little piece of me. Some a surprise to you, others probably not. But, it's all a part of who I am. :)

3 comments:

  1. You are sooo funny, I love the way you word things. I'm going to NEVER EVER buy those cookies, they sound way to hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I always think of you when I see "People" :) And I think you take the cake for cutest shoes on the planet, no matter what the brand.

    ReplyDelete