Sunday, February 20, 2011

Guilty....as charged



So here they are, some are lame, some are very guilty, but definitely me and mine:
1) Wendy's Chicken Nuggets and 99 cent fries: I have gone here on more occasions that I'd like to admit and 99% of the time it was because my toddler had a tantrum in Target, I've got a headache and well, don't really want to make lunch. Kate loves the meal and so do I! We drive away having only spent $4.25 on lunch, head home get some water and a diet coke and we are set! I know this has to be the world's most un-healthy meal. I saw "Super-Size Me" and I realize what fast food can do. (Just glad they didn't do Wendy's;) McDonald's has always been revolting, especially when being pregnant, and since these are the 2 most abundant fast food joints, I can eat here however often we need to, or want to. Of course I prefer Chick-Fil-A over any other fast food, but they are few and far between. So Wendy's it is........Super. Guilty. Food.

2) The Container Store and containers: Justin moved to Houston 3 months after we met. I flew down a few weeks later to visit him. He took me to the Container Store for one of our dates (and other shopping and dinner), but it was then that I knew that it was true love! How could he know me so well? WOW, this guy was a keeper. My obsession with containers and organization has continued still 6 years into our marriage. I come home with many a container and Justin always gives me the same look, "Really, do you need another one?" Surely there is something in my house left to containerize.

3) Diet Coke: After marrying into Justin's family and going to girls' nights and hanging out with his mom to run errands, I got hooked on Diet Coke. I know it is so awful with it's artificial sweeteners and caramel color, but I love that stuff. You all have seen me pound down a few on a girls' night. I swear one day I will quit drinking them, but for now, it is my guilty pleasure, my "take-me-away-Calgon" moment.

4) Office Supplies: pens and paper. I have WAY TOO MANY pens, little notebooks and yet *almost* every time I go to Target, I come home with more. I love lists, notes to people, notes to my family.....any excuse to buy more, more, more. Any time I would earn money when I was a kid, I would LOVE to go to the Stationary store and get Hello Kitty stationary or Sharpie pens. Weird, I know, but true. In Dental Hygiene school, I got annoyed when people would borrow and keep my pens, so one day I took my label maker and wrote my names on them. (I had a lot of free time on my hands those days, the hubs was working on his Doctorate, after all) Very embarrassing to admit, but true.

5) I can't even tell you how many striped shirts I own or how I am constantly drawn to anything nautical-looking....navy blue, yellow, gray, and red. I have way too much of it, but my eyes just can't turn away. I am wearing a striped sweatshirt and just purchased another striped bag at Target the other day.

6) The Bachelor: You 3 know my obsession with this show and it was on a post a few weeks ago. But, it must be mentioned again, because it is my MOST guilty pleasure. I LOVE THE BACHELOR!!! I have Tuesday talks with my certain undisclosed family members every Tuesday (the show is on Monday nights) to discuss the women and men. It is so completely dumb, juicy, and probably scripted, but I just can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment