Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guilty pleasures;-)

Well, Ladies, I'm finally blogging. It's been way crazy at my casita, but I am really excited to be participating in all this fun.

I have many guilty pleasures, but here are a few that come to mind:


Horseback riding
- this one is definitely more pleasure than guilty, but I really love riding horses. There is nothing better than being outdoors on a nice day riding a horse (unless of course you ha
ve a very spirited horse).

Romantic Books/Novels
- I am such a sucker for romantic books (I like them to be mostly clean;-). Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors, but I like many others as well. I LOVE curling up on a sofa or in my bed, and reading a great romantic book.


Netflix
- This is one of my favorites (especially since we don't have cable)! There are tons of shows/movies, and what I love most is there are great educational children videos (a lot from PBS kids) that my boys love watching. Not that we constantly watch TV, but it's nice to have a TV b
reak every once in a while.

Shopping
- This one is very dangerous and maybe more on the guilty side of things:-). I am not quite obsessed, but I do enjoy going out sh
opping. Just a word of caution ladies - stay away from HomeGoods! That store is very dangerous (at least for me). It's a pretty recent discovery and I LOVE that store.

Girls Night Out - I can't tell you all how much this is needed. I love hanging out with my dear friends. Not that hanging out with my darling family isn't a blast, but there is something great about hanging out with girlfriends! Like Melissa said the other day "it's like being in college or high school again" which is totally true.


Anyway, this is just a little about me and my guilty pleasures. Enjoy:-)

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! It worked! :) SO glad to see you blogging! "Here! Here!" on Jane Austen. You know how I feel about her work! 'Pride & Prejudice' *swoon!* So, right now I'm reading 'Jane and the Unpleasentness at Scargrave Manor' by Stephanie Barron. It's our RS Bookgroup book for this month and it's pretty good so far. (we're headed to Orlando on Friday for a Murder Mystery dinner with the Bookgroup ladies...should be fun!)

    I miss you guys! Lots of love! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for Lisa;) So glad to have you here!
    And Jess..... apparently you are adapting quite well to the area, already in a book club AND headed to a Murder Mystery dinner? Can't wait to see the new house, I am loving the little glimpses I'm getting so far. So excited!
    We (me, Casey and Lisa) were talking the other day and SERIOUSLY want to all go on a Girls' weekend. I'm thinking we definitely need to get planning one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo lady! So glad you finally joined us! Just, teasing about the finally, but serious about how happy I am to have you join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete