Sunday, August 21, 2011

TOYS

This post is dedicated to all of the toys that I, the mom, just can't bear to get rid of! You all know what I'm talking about, right? No matter that your children no longer have any interest in them, they are just so stinkin' cute that you'll keep them until....forever!

I found these while visiting my parents in Salt Lake City, UT at Mormon Handicrafts.....waaaaaaaaaay back when Kami was about a year old. She really didn't quite understand the concept (it's like paper dolls, but with felt clothes and wooden bodies) until the next year. But, I love them so much, I bought one for AJ, too. Yeah. That's right. I bought a doll for my son. It's a boy, no worries!

Woodboard Puzzles
You know, the kind you can usually find at WalMart or Target? These puzzles bring back a lot of memories of my kids. Watching my kids put together a puzzle has prepared me for how their individual personalities learn. Kami is very vocal with her frustrations. Most times she growls, cries, wines and tells me, "It's too hard, I can't do it!", but, never once does she give up and walk away. She keeps at it until the puzzle is done. Then she does it again. And again. And again. And before you know it, she's an expert. AJ, on the other hand, will watch. He'll watch me. He'll watch Kami. And just when I think he's not the kind of kid who's interested in puzzles, he stops me in the middle of taking a load of laundry to the wash and says to me, "Look mom! Look what I did!" And there in the middle of the table will be a perfectly completed puzzle.

Little People Toys
They were super cute and a classic when I was growing up, and they are still going strong! I remember spending many a days playing and imagining with my Little People, I hope my kiddos will have happy memories with theirs as well!


Books, Books and Books!
Oh yes, aaaaaand, did I mention the books??? I love Children's Books! This is where true imagination begins! With TV and Movies, everything's all played out for you; there's not much left unsaid. But, aaaah. With books? The possibilities are endless! I hope my children love them as much as I do!
-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment