Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 already???

Time flies by, and it seems the older I get, (humor me while I wax philosophical at the ripe old age of 28) the quicker time passes. With this is mind, my main goal for this year is to slow down and try to enjoy it. While going through the conference edition on the Ensign I came across a talk by Elder Uchtdorf , “Of Things That Matter Most”. I’ve heard it quoted several times since and each time I’ve really felt the message being shared. My fav quote and what I’m trying to do this year is as follows: “My dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most”.

I still have a LONG list of things I would like to accomplish this year; get organized, get healthy (really what I mean is lose weight, but saying “get healthy” somehow sounds easier) speak more lovingly and be more patient, meal plan and try new recipes, and last but not least (and certainly Vance’s favorite) do more baby making-with the intent to actually make a baby. Although, I think the hubs will be fine whatever the outcome. ;)


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I nodded, I smiled, I giggled, I laughed and I totally connected with EVERYTHING you said. I have plans to do all of the things you mentioned, and you can count on me as a regular reader to hear about your progress. :) Thanks for such honest and awesome thoughts!

    ReplyDelete