Friday, January 7, 2011

Mindful

I have never been great about following goals like I write them down. I remember one year looking at this list of goals I had made the year before on this small 3X5 card. There really wasn't many , but I didn't even accomplish one...maybe that was the moment I quit doing New Year's resolutions? Having said that, though I love the time of a new year and I love listening to other's take. (Maybe I'm not the self-motivated type, but more inspired by others) I "blog stalk" this scrapbook designer's blog-Ali Edwards. She chose a word last year as sort of a theme for that year. (clickety here)
I liked that idea and as I was playing around on Facebook one day, I saw this really great post by Peter Walsh who does the organizing shows on TLC and OWN. His personality kind of drives me nuts, but I love what he said for the new year.

It’s the end of a decade and (perhaps) the time for a new year’s resolution. Here’s mine for 2011-be more mindful. Before I buy something, so say something, or do something, or even eat something, the question will be, “will this action move me closer to the life, or home, or relationship, or body that I want.”
So that's it, my word: MINDFUL
I still plan to LET GO A LITTLE MORE AND ENJOY THE SIMPLE FUN THINGS IN LIFE:

BECOME A RUNNER (although sorry, Jess I will in no way be ready for the Princess half. Maybe next year?)

and just overall HAVE A BETTER ATTITUDE AND FAITH THAN I DID LAST YEAR.

*so excited for this new adventure, thanks for all the work, Jess!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to hear about this as the year progresses--it is bound to make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, ca'mon Melis! You're pretty much going to be there anyway! :) SO excited to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete