Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Picture This!


So, YAY for us! My husband and I are new homeowners (again!). We purchased a beautiful home about 30 minutes north of Tampa, FL and love just about every aspect of our state, our city, our neighborhood and our home. One of the coolest features of our home is all of the niches and unique architecture in our house. I especially love the three niches, just like the one pictured, in the "grand" hallway.

For months and months I have been trying to think of what I was going to put in these niches. Then I realized...I hardly have any family pictures hanging in my house! (Which is sad, because I take a lot of pictures and I think I'm pretty good at it!). Sooooo. After much thinking, I had the perfect idea! I went through all of my photos that were on my computer from the time Kami was born, until now. Then using Picasa, I edited my photos so that they were all black and whites. Then, I uploaded and ordered them through one of the online photo companies.

Meanwhile, I scoured the Sunday paper for Michales ads and waited for the photo frames to go on sale (which is like, what? every other week?) PLUS, I used the handy-dandy 25% off your entire purchase coupon they had in their ads for a while and purchased my collage frames for a pretty decent price.

Viola! I now have my own "portrait" gallery that is going to be easy to move around, add to and even switch the pictures out as the kids grow and I run out of room! I hope this can be a place for our family and our friends to come, and as they enter our home be assured that our home is a loving, comfortable home where lots of memories are made (and kept!)

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw this (from a distance) I thought you had "clipped" the idea from a blog or magazine. But then I looked and saw the picture of you and Drew. Wow! You did such a great job. I'll add "decorator" to the many things you are good at that I admire about you. And I LOVE the "f".
    But the best part is I get to check it out in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you did such a great job. I love it. Congratultions on the house.

    ReplyDelete