Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shout out to my peeps (or in this case, ladies...)



So, I was just writing in my journal (which hardly EVER happens anymore, but I decided I needed a little relaxing time while the girls were BOTH asleep-also hardly EVER happens;) and I just wanted to let you ladies now that I really am grateful to have you in my life. Even if was just for a brief period that we were all geographically close, each of you have left a great impression on my life.

We are joking about "not judging" on here, but it's true, we won't judge each other. I am grateful for friends like you guys who really do lift me up and give me great ideas. I've never felt lesser by being around any of you, but instead you all make me want to do better. (Sorry for the extreme cheese...) I was making Casey's wraps on Saturday for lunch and Justin loved the new recipe! All I did was put turkey, tomatoes, celery, cheese, and ranch dressing-all chopped up and then mixed in a bowl first into a tortilla. Then, today I made one with chicken, green pepper, tomato, cheese and italian dressing. It really is simple to do (like Casey told us), but I would never have come up with it on my own, especially the mixing it up first thing. It is healthier than what I typically have been eating for lunch (Kate's scraps of Mac&Cheese) and definitely tastes better! So, I know this isn't about recipes, or your dream vacation, but more a place where we can all feel like we can be ourselves with no judgements and still get great ideas and learn from one another.

So, thanks ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Awesome post! We feel the same about you, too, Melissa! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I'm reading this after you just left from scrubbing my dirty bathroom!!! Thanks for all your help with my move and all, and thanks for your friendship, you girls are all so, so, SO great.

    ReplyDelete