Friday, January 21, 2011

The One With All The Friends


11 years! 11 years! Can you believe it's almost been 11 years since the TV sitcom 'Friends' went off the air? Yet, rerun after rerun I laugh just as much and as hard as the first runs. I own every single season on DVD and it's my "go to" show when I want something to watch, but I don't seem satisfied with what's currently on. Which is why 'Friends' is probably my all-time favorite TV show.

I was about a Junior in High School when I first started watching 'Friends', so it'd been on a few years before came in on it. Ross and Rachel were still on a break, Monica wasn't even thinking about Chandler, Phoebe was singing about a smelly cat and Joey was still trying to pick up on women (How you doin'?). Yet I knew that somehow, somewhere, sometime Ross and Rachel were destined to be together, Joey would always be the bachelor, Phoebe would find someone as quarky as she is and Monica & Chandler....well, I'm not sure anyone saw that one coming! :)

'Friends' was my BFF every Thursday nights for years. Even when I left home and moved out on my own. I remember working 7am-7pm shifts at the hospital; if I happened to be scheduled to work on Thursdays, I would run to clock out, book it to the breakroom, throw my dinner in the microwave and settle down on the couch; just so that I didn't have to miss an episode! It was the first show to ever make me laugh out loud.

So, if you have a minute or two and need a laugh, take a peek at one of my favorite episodes! (the Thanksgiving Episodes are the best!)



1 comment:

  1. Ok....now I remember why we are Friends! We both LOVE this show!!! That is totally what I watch, too when Justin is out of town or I need something to just sit and veg with. So funny!
    I totally thought you were going to put Vampire Diaries. Which, I have been watching, but I have 3 things that bother me:
    1. the whole spinoff of Twilight and how they kind of allude to it at times.
    2. the actor that plays Damon DRIVES ME NUTS! I've always been irritated by him. He plays that character well, though because I guess that's what I imagine him to act like in real life?
    3. the "smoulder" that Stefan gives. He does it a little too much....and then does it again. I really like the actors they chose for Twilight (already discussed I know), so maybe it's just hard for me to wrap my mind around new Vampires.

    ReplyDelete